What you need to apply for a passport:
UPDATE: Many Countries require 3-6 months validity before entering their Country. Be sure to check your passports expiration date.
– Application from Passport Acceptance Office or on the Internet
– One passport picture sized to the U.S. Department of State Size and Specifications
– Proof of Citizenship (birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or previous adult passport)
– Proof of Identity (driver’s license or parent’s driver’s license for ages under 16)
-REMINDER: Processing time for a routine passport is up to 14 weeks. The processing time for expedited service, which is an additional fee of $60.00 is up to 10 weeks
– To find applications for passports go to travel.state.gov